Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Sew-IN challenge met...

Getting into jammies and dreaming of sewing for an entire Friday evening was one thing! But, blogging what I've accomplished on a Friday night "sew-in"? That takes a lot of courage! I have 36 Dresden-decorated white blocks spread around me on the bed ready to be assembled, but I am so nervous!
You see, I'm a newbie...and this is a big deal to me! I cannot believe I am telling professional quilters that I am making a quilt one hand-stitch at a time...and then, showing them how it is slowly coming together. I never would have guessed that I would even blog, and have others see my feeble handiwork! I had big dreams of some day sewing a quilt, but wow...what a support group I gained by hanging out around you all!
In a previous blog, you can read my first photos in this attempt, and I will add new photos later tomorrow because you all are so encouraging and write things that make me think I can accomplish this great feat!
So...here goes - I am sewing and having a ball! Debi

1 comment:

  1. Hey, don't be shy! I'm an amateur with textiles and thread but I post what I've done, I know other people do MUCH better work than me, but hey, why not show off your creativity, bet it's fab!

    ReplyDelete